We're in this thang together!

Where should I start? Let me first start by admitting, that for a long time, I’ve had difficulty in committing to anything; much less making it a priority to embrace a healthy lifestyle through diet and exercise. The idea of commitment just seemed so permanent. For a person like me, who for a long time refused to limit myself to being responsible for just about anything, committing to exercise and fitness was definitely not on my priority list. Besides, I was a junk food junkie, and I just wasn’t having it. Having to sacrifice my chocolate? Oh no! This was not even an option. Although the way I view health and fitness has changed dramatically, I still have some junk food vices that I continue to entertain. Oh, I’m not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, and to be even more honest, I don’t do a great job of “eating clean.” Not that I am proud to admit it, I just want to keep it real with you ladies. I am on this journey with you. I look forward to learning from you, and am anxious to share with you some of what I’ve learned to be effective along my healthy lifestyle journey.




Monday, January 31, 2011

Dinner

Okay, so it is 8:26pm, Monday night, and I know, it is way too late to be eating right now.  Remember that ole saying your mamma use to say, "Do as I say, not as I do!?" I guess you can say the same principle applies here.  1st thing I'm doing wrong is eating carbs this late at night...but, I've only had 60 grams of carbs all day.  That's relatively low.  I'm not sure what the average daily carbohydrate intake should be, but I'll find out for y'all.  My guess is that it will vary depending on the individual...anywho. First rule of thumb, if you must have those pesty carbs (and sugar), try to eat it early.  (Before 3pm).  Number 2...I've just consumed 120 unnecessary calories by drinking this 8 oz. glass of wine! Remember my discussion about sacrifice? Well, it ain't happening with the wine! On top of everything else I've just admitted to, I missed the gym today. Doggonit! Ladies, listen to me closely, I am doing alot of things wrong this evening, but what I've done right is plan for all the wrong doing I intended to do.  Oh yeah, y'all didn't know? this was all planned!  Let's look at what I've done right.  First, my fiancé is cooking a fabulous spaghetti meal; he makes his own sauce of fresh Portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and green peppers.  Let me break it down a little further.  The sauce, 50 calories per cup, the pasta, 4oz (about 1/4 cup) is 420 calories, my glass of wine, as mentioned, 120 calories, and the 6 diet cookies (yep diet cookies)  replacing my breakfast and lunch were 500 calories.  Now remember, the key to losing weight is to consume less calories than you are currently consuming.  Everyone's caloric burn rate is different, but I can consume up to 1500 calories per day to maintain my current weight of 155. (That’s IF I do 45 minutes of cardio at least 4 days a week). Yep, that's right; I am 5'7" and 155 pounds (most people assume I'm about 20 pounds lighter) When I am losing weight, I try to consume only 1,000 per day.  Online, you all should be able to find a caloric burn rate calculator.  This is a great tool to use.  So, we know I didn't work out today, so let's do the math...I've consumed a total of 1090 calories!  Way too low, as I am not trying to lose weight.  Y'all know what that means don't ya....More Wine! Yeah! No, not really, as much as I'd like to, I have to hit the gym tomorrow morning at 5am.  Tomorrow will be a two-a-day, since I missed weight training today.  I try to alternate between the two depending on what body part I'm working on.  We'll talk about that later, right now...I'm hungry! Talk to y’all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment